In this article, we have compiled a list of activities that will give you an authentic taste of Gran Canaria. From outdoor adventures to cultural experiences and everything in between, there is something for everyone on this beautiful island. So pack your bags, grab your camera, and get ready to have the time of your life in Gran Canaria!
There’s a dedicated article for most of the activities, so click around!
- Hike to Playa GuiGui
- See the sunset in the Dunes of Maspalomas
- Explore Roque Nublo
- Barbecue in the mountains (not in Summer due to the risk of forest fires!)
- See the stars from the mountains
- Celebrate Noche de San Juan (Summer only)
- Visit Los Azulejos de Veneguera
- See the bufadero de La Garita
Food and drink
- Eating flaming chorizo and papas arrugadas at Pachichi
- Get drunk (or not) on a Tuesday at San Remo
- Eat tapas in Vegueta
- Visit the botanical gardens
- Visit the rum factory in Arucas
- Party in the Yumbo in Maspalomas
- Join a parade in the local carnaval
- Go to a concert in Auditorio Alfredo Kraus
- Visit museums like the Cueva Pintada to learn about the history of the islands
- Experience a local celebration (San Juan, Fiestas del Pino, Día de Canarias, etc)
The most important thing to do…
- Book your next flight to Gran Canaria
Follow @liveituplaspalmas on Instagram
Are You A Remote Worker, Local Professional, Immigrant, Digital Nomad Or Expat In Gran Canaria?
Or do you simply want to connect with an awesome international community? Join here! Besides a welcoming community, you’ll also get 10% discount on surf lessons, 10% discount on diving and access to more exclusive deals!
The Live it up, Las Palmas! community is using Slack as a communication tool. The Slack group is split up into different channels and is moderated actively, to keep communication simple and organized. It’s used to share events, find sports buddies, discover new restaurants, rent a car together, find exclusive community discounts and much more! Live it up, Las Palmas! is your starting point for an amazing time in Gran Canaria. See you there!