For vegans in Gran Canaria seeking a delectable and ethical protein source, Beyond Meat emerges as a game-changer. This innovative company, founded by Ethan Brown in 2009, revolutionizes the concept of plant-based protein by crafting delectable alternatives to traditional animal-based foods. Beyond Meat’s mission transcends dietary preferences, catering to both vegans and those seeking sustainable, flavorful options.
How is Beyond Meat made?
- Ingredient Curation: Beyond Meat’s products originate from a thoughtfully selected medley of plant-based ingredients, including pea protein isolate, rice protein, and mung bean protein. Each element is chosen for its rich protein content and potential to replicate meat’s texture.
- Innovative Extrusion and Heating: These chosen ingredients are blended to form a protein-packed dough. This dough undergoes an extrusion process, where heating, cooling, and pressurization weave the proteins into a meat-like fibrous structure.
- Crafting Authentic Flavor and Hue: Natural colors, flavors, and seasonings are introduced to echo the taste and appearance of meat. Beet juice extract, an example of such natural innovation, lends a “bleeding” visual, akin to traditional meats.
- Transformation into Familiar Forms: The extruded mixture is artfully shaped into familiar formats like burgers, sausages, and ground meat, imitating their animal-derived counterparts.
- Culinary Adventure and Packaging: Beyond Meat products are skillfully packaged, available both fresh and frozen. Vegan chefs and home cooks in Gran Canaria can prepare these offerings using methods reminiscent of traditional meat cooking, including grilling, sautéing, or baking.
Beyond Meat’s commitment to innovative flavors and sustainable practices resonates strongly with the vegan community in Gran Canaria. As consumers on this vibrant island seek out cruelty-free and environmentally-conscious dining options, Beyond Meat products have made a noteworthy entrance into local grocery stores. With the convenience of finding Beyond Meat on the supermarket shelves, vegans in Gran Canaria can savor delicious meals that align with their ethical and sustainable values.
Embracing Beyond Meat not only elevates vegan dining experiences but also contributes to the larger global movement towards conscious consumption. Gran Canaria’s vibrant vegan community can revel in the flavors and possibilities that Beyond Meat brings to their tables, contributing to a more compassionate and eco-friendly future.
Where can you buy the Beyond Meat burgers in Gran Canaria?
I’ve bought them at La Huertecilla de Ana.
I’ve definitely seen the Beyond Meat burgers in Carrefour.
I’ve seen them at the supermarket in the basement of El Corte Inglés (some time ago).
Are you a remote worker, local professional, immigrant, digital nomad or expat in Gran Canaria?
Or do you simply want to connect with an awesome international community? Join here! Besides a welcoming community, you’ll also get 10% discount on surf lessons, 10% discount on diving and access to more exclusive deals!
The Live it up, Las Palmas! community is using Slack as a communication tool. The Slack group is split up into different channels and is moderated actively, to keep communication simple and organized. It’s used to share events, find sports buddies, discover new restaurants, rent a car together, find exclusive community discounts and much more! Live it up, Las Palmas! is your starting point for an amazing time in Gran Canaria. See you there!